Jim Mathis

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Voice lessons

I take voice lessons. My teacher/coach is Ronni Ward (www.ronniward.com). I take lessons for the simple reason that I want to be a better singer. I want to see continued improvement in everything I do. I try to practice regularly and have some sort of disciplined approach to the things that are important to me.

I have kind of a running joke with Ronni that I could refer a lot of people to her, but I feel funny walking up to singers saying, “Hey, you need to take some singing lessons!” I would think that they would already know that.

I am continually amazed hearing people sing or play an instrument, who could improve dramatically with a little coaching or instruction, but instead struggle along for years, never improving, always thinking they know everything.

No comments: